With mushrooms, couscous and ricotta coming together, this vegetarian meal is super hearty and super satisfying.
190g field mushrooms
½ tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ cup vegetable stock
¼ cup couscous
1 spring onion
¼ medium lemon
40g reduced-fat ricotta
- Remove mushroom stalks and chop spring onion.
- Juice lemon and reserve juice.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the mushrooms stalk-side up on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime add the stock to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the couscous. Mix with a fork. Cover and set aside for about 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Add the cooked couscous, rocket and spring onion to a bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Serve the couscous salad topped with baked mushrooms and crumbled ricotta. Enjoy.