Get ready for a flavour explosion! This plant-based Mexican chilli is a great meat-free meal to add to your dinner planner and guarantees a big protein hit that satisfies.
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon (20g) maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 x 400g cans of beans
- ⅔ cup frozen corn
- Spring onion to garnish
- Coriander to garnish
- Add the chopped onion, capsicum and garlic to a large pot with half of the broth over medium heat. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often, until they are starting to get tender, but not fully. Add just a tiny bit more broth if needed just to keep them cooking.
- Add the remaining ingredients, (except the corn and beans) including the remaining cup of broth and stir well. Bring to a boil and once boiling, cover and turn to low simmer for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Drain and rinse the beans while the chili is cooking. Add the beans and corn. Bring back to a boil and then cover and simmer another 10 minutes. Depending on how thick or thin you want your chili, add more broth. Feel free to top it some fresh spring onion and coriander.
Can’t get enough of our recipes? Login to your member-exclusive Fusion Pulse account to access must-try meals for every craving!
If you’re not a member yet, we’ve got you covered. Join now to access unlimited classes, premium facilities, plus our exclusive member platform Pulse where you can access amazing recipes like this one, at-home workouts and more…