Fuelling our bodies is so important, that’s why this smoky fritters with fresh salsa recipe is a healthy brunch, lunch or dinner option post-Pilates practice. Get cooking and enjoy these delicious fritters.
- 3 tbsp (25g) chickpea flour
- ¼ cup (40g) chickpeas
- ½ cup (80g) potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 3 tbsp (20g) spring onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (90g) tomatoes
- ½ cup (60g) Lebanese cucumber
- ¼ cup (20g) red onion
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ¼ cup (10g) mint
- ¼ cup (10g) basil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
*Add some steamed broccoli/cauliflower or a cup of salad greens on the side.
- Boil, steam or microwave the potato until soft. Let it cool slightly and mash it.
- Finely chop baby spinach, onion and garlic. Mash chickpeas with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and gradually add the flour. Continue mixing. Add all other ingredients, apart from the oil, and mix well to combine. Form 3-4 fritters.
- Heat the oil in the pan over a medium heat and cook the fritters for about 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Prepare the salsa by mixing together finely chopped tomato, cucumber, onion and herbs. Dress with vinegar.
- Serve fritters topped with the salsa and enjoy!
- Double the recipe to make enough for the next day.